History is the academic study of the past through the use of written documents.
Academic historians in the past include Feltemi Reis, who wrote The Lights of History. The Archives at the University hold copies of histories from Caluptena that cover knowledge for two thousand years.
Historical texts can have issues based on transcription errors or discreet censorship, such as by the Tehlin Church or the Order Amyr.
In the Chronicle
Kvothe begins his education in history with Abenthy when he is still in Lord Greyfallow's Men. He describes himself as "well versed" in the subject by the time of his admissions interview.
- ↑ The Wise Man's Fear, Chapter 39, "Contradictions"
- ↑ The Wise Man's Fear, Chapter 146, "Failures"
- ↑ The Wise Man's Fear, Chapter 40, "Puppet"
- ↑ The Name of the Wind, Chapter 11, "The Binding of Iron"
- ↑ The Name of the Wind, Chapter 36, "Less Talents"